CLPQ is a little printer queue program that uses the ncurses
runs in a console. It monitors the printerqueue and gives the option
jobs from the queue.
The features of CLPQ are:
- Multiuser (only root has root-rights)
- Adjustable refresh-rate [1..255]
- Removal of jobs from the queue
- Set an Alarm on a print job
This version of the program is for a single printer. But several users
can use the program at the same time.
I hope a have the single printer-problem fixed soon. For more information
about the program see the README file.
The latest releases are: (All in .tar.gz archives)
Patch for Version 0.3
Thanks to Dwayne C . Litzenberger
patch -p1 <../patch-clpq-0.3dcl1
- Added lpc [start|stop|enable|disable] options.
- Fixed to work with LPRng.
- Replaced crude job removal with call to lprm.
- Replaced all instances of getlogin() with getpwuid(getuid())
From Version 0.2:
- Now it's possible to use it by other users than root.
- Copying of the conf file is now done correctly.
- Not allowing to delete jobs other than of the current user (with exception of root)
- When a job is not removed, don't scroll the selection-line.
- Each user has his own config-files.
- conf file has been made readable and more flexible.
- Alarm option has been implemented.
- A help screen explaining the command-keys.
From Version 0.1:
- Configure file is used from the $HOME directory.
- When the spool is empty and a new entry is made ==> mark the new queue line.
- In the makefile there's a line where you can (as root) configure clpq for
Allow Multiple Printers and 'switch' between their queues.
Start a root daemon which updates the temp files and makes it readable
for non root users,
even when the printerspool files are unreadable. (instead of sticky
A screen in which you can change your settings.
Several other ideas... ;-)
For more information , suggestions and other forms of feedback you can
mail me at D. Palomo van Es.